Monday, June 13, 2005

The Tag-Bug bit me too!

I was book tagged by AF and Dumbs.

Total Number of Books I Own: 6 (both fiction and non fiction) I don't really buy books unless I am really impressed by the book. Moreover I like to buy books to gift to people, so I dont really have a book collection!

Last Book I bought: Day Hikes in Southern California

Last Book I was gifted: Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Richard Bach (I got this book as a gift in the last 24hrs!)

Last Book I read: The Mango Season, Amullya Malladi

I am currently reading: The Namesake, Jhumpa Lahiri

Five Books that mean a lot to me:
1. Rage of Angels, Sidney Sheldon
A very feministic novel which talks about what a woman goes through in terms of her career and personal life. I find it inspiring!

2. Nirmala, Premchand (Hindi)
This is the first novel that really moved me...

3. The God of Small Things, Arundhati Roy
This book preaches about breaking the Love Laws..."No one can tell you who you should love, how and how much". Also this book inspired me to read books for literature's sake rather than story and the authors' original writing styles.

4. Wings of Fire, A. P. J Abdul Kalam (Non Fiction)
Proves...'you can move mountains if you have the fire inside you'

5. Master of the Game, Sidney Sheldon
I just admired the lead character's determination to get what she wants however selfish and unethical it may be. You kinda hate that character and also simultaneously admire her!

Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs:
Me Tagged ...

Baejaar
Pal
Kika Gops
Ram
Phobiac
Suguna

17 Comments:

Blogger Baejaar said...

I can count six people who are tagged. So can I skip, to set the record straight? ;-)

June 13, 2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger dumbs said...

it took me 2 years and 3 attempts to finish 'god of small things'. i felt it to be too descriptive and unnecessary

June 13, 2005 2:19 PM  
Blogger Suguna Purushothaman said...

thanx man. i have left the last part of the tag as it seems there would be duplicate answers

June 13, 2005 3:32 PM  
Blogger Ram.C said...

thanks ansh.... let me do what I need to.

June 13, 2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger Nachiketas said...

Nice selection. I too enjoyed the premchand one. And wings of fire is just inspirational. But, I read God of small things half way and put it down in the middle. It was a little too pretentious for my taste.

June 13, 2005 5:18 PM  
Blogger Pal said...

Pudhumai - Penn. thanks for TAGging my blog.

Of all the book you have mentioned i have seen all of them in the Crossword store here, but have readl only Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. hmmm taste's completely differ.

June 14, 2005 12:23 AM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

MADAM !!!

Nalla TAg panneenga....anywayz my TAG post is up....now tagging others....

ungal narpani vaazhga.... valarga....!!

June 14, 2005 1:14 AM  
Blogger Ram.C said...

Hi Ansh

You have been blogrolled by me. Hope you can BR me as well.. thanks.

June 14, 2005 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the description you have for wings of fire...makes me wanna read it...


- Morpheus

June 14, 2005 7:44 PM  
Blogger Pal said...

I have posted the book tag blog on my site.

June 16, 2005 12:50 AM  
Blogger Ansh said...

Baejaar,

when you do some good work...we shouldnt keep count:)

dumbs,

sadly thats what many people told me!

sugs,
Thanks:)

June 16, 2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger Ansh said...

Ram and Nachiketas,

Thanks!

Pal,
me reading...Johnathan livingston seagull...interesting indeed!

June 16, 2005 8:15 AM  
Blogger Ansh said...

Ram

Thanks for blogrolling me...I have done the same

Morphy,

yeah you should read it!

June 16, 2005 8:16 AM  
Blogger the shiva said...

hey have blogrolled u....

June 21, 2005 10:11 AM  
Blogger the shiva said...

hey have blogrolled u....

June 21, 2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger Ansh said...

Thanks shiva!

June 22, 2005 8:05 AM  
Blogger sen said...

god of small thing was the book, that made me read literature.An awesome book.

June 28, 2005 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home